The Best Video Poker Gaming In New Zealand
Video poker is a popular casino game that has made very successful transition from land-based casinos to the online world. Playing this game is easy since it’s based on a combination of the 5 card draw poker and slot machine, with game play based on poker hands and the fast pace the same as pokies.
Video poker is an excellent choice for those that love to play poker but find the table variants of the game a little intimidating or too intense. Video poker is played against a machine and a player can make use of a number of different features to enhance their game play and assist them in their next move. A major benefit of this game is that the house edge is very small compared to any other type of games out there, making it very popular with players who want to stand the best possible chance of winning big.
Video poker is a relatively new casino game when compared to blackjack, roulette and even online pokies, and it was online in the 1970’s that it started making an appearance in land based casinos. When online casinos started opening their virtual doors in the mid 1990’s the gambling landscape changed dramatically and this game became incredibly popular in a very short space of time. Now, every online casino features a great selection of video poker entertainment and the top New Zealand casinos offer you the chance to play for real money or for free, around the clock.
Top Selection Of Video Poker Games
Just like pokies, video poker is very popular in New Zealand and statistics have shown that more than 30% of the world’s video poker games are enjoyed in this region. As the house edge is so small beginners and experienced players alike love these exciting games and a small amount of strategic thinking can help influence the outcome of your electronic hand.
Brightly coloured, fast paced and loads of fun, video poker continues to attract New Zealanders and there are now numerous variations of the game available for play. The core concept of the game always remains the same but the leading online casino software developers have created innovative and fresh and exciting new variants of the game to keep players enthralled.
Some of the most popular variants include Jacks or Better, Aces and Faces, Deuces Wild and Double Joker poker, but there are also numerous other games to choose from, should you so wish. The classic games feature the best house edge for players and many of the more contemporary versions are more challenging, but every game is exciting and guaranteed to offer endless entertainment to all New Zealanders who love to gamble.
Online Poker vs Poker Rooms
If you’re diving into the endlessly thrilling world of poker, you will no doubt have come across the many different kinds of poker that are offered, as well as the different methods of playing them. Poker rooms have always been extremely popular, and involve a number of people in a single hall, where they compete against one another in real time.
There is also always an in-house dealer, and this would be the kind of environment where you are most likely to find a live poker tournament taking place. There are advantages to a poker room: it allows you to socialise with other players, to get a taste of just fast-paced competitive poker can be, and it gives you the chance to get out of the house for a few hours.
Another type of poker is online poker, which is relatively recent when compared to the overall history of the game. Online poker first gained prominence during the early to mid 1990s, and it was during a time when the internet was first beginning to grow across the world. Casinos saw an opportunity to start offering players all of their favourite games without having to leave the comfort of their own homes, and it didn’t take long for this kind of gaming to explode in popularity. Today, online poker is arguably the most-played form of the game, and you’re never too far away from an app or gaming suite from the most well-known poker sites online.
Types Of Online Poker
One of the many reasons that poker has become such a global phenomenon is not just the exciting gameplay, but also because it’s one of the few casino games around where there’s always something new for the player to explore. And while you have most likely heard of Texas Hold’em, which is probably the most well-known kind of poker in the world, there are actually quite a few different varieties of online poker, all of which you’re able to play on the internet. Let’s have a look at some of the most common ones:
- Seven Card Stud: This is an excellent choice when it comes to the best real online poker available to players of all skill levels. Here, every player is given a total of seven cards which they must then use to try and get the best hand of five possible, all of which takes place over the course of six rounds. While it’s similar in many ways to Texas Hold’em, the difference is that players need to make their winning hand with the cards that they are given rather than a selection of community cards on the table.
- Five Card Draw: Five card draw is an older version of the game that offers a much stronger psychological aspect, perfect if you’re the kind of player that enjoys bluffing. Every player taking part will be given five cards that are face down, and are allowed to trade their cards with any of the others that are still in the deck on the table. After this is complete, they are able to participate in one more round of betting before all of the cards are called. Because of the nature of Five Card Draw, it’s an excellent choice for playing online against other players.
- Omaha High: Lastly we’ve got Omaha High, a game that’s derived from Texas Hold’em and has many of the same rules. The biggest difference here is that each player is given another two extra cards at the beginning of each round. With their cards, the players will then take part in four rounds of betting, after which they go into showdown mode. Omaha High has become a favourite across much of the world and is usually easy to find if you’re searching for online poker in New Zealand.
Poker Machines vs Live Tables
Any seasoned poker player will be able to tell you that two of the most common methods of enjoying the game are live tables and poker machines. The concept behind live tables is more than a century old, where people have been taking part in life tables since poker first became popular. Today, many live tables are offered by various poker sites online, allowing a handful of players to compete against one another without having to physically be in a poker hall. This is the perfect kind of gameplay if you want the social interaction of live poker but without having to leave your home.
Poker machines were first introduced to the public as far back as the 1980s, where they were large machines that allowed people to enjoy the game without having to compete in live games. Here, the player will play against the dealer, which is a computer, and it’s become one of the most prominent forms of the game in the modern, online world. They’re also extremely simple to play, and you’ll find them on some of the best poker sites in NZ. Similar to a game of pokies, video poker consists of a dealer that you will play against, and you will often be able to choose the variant of poker that you want.
Real Money Games Of Poker
When diving into the world of online poker for the first time, there’s no doubt that you will come across endless free games that you’re able to try. These are fantastic for getting an idea of how the game works and which of the best poker sites in NZ are worth your trouble. But it won’t take long before you start wanting to take your newly learned skills and apply them in a situation where you might walk away with real money casino winnings. And poker is a great way to earn money in the long term, and it’s why there are so many professional poker players out there. Once you’ve signed up with the best real money poker sites and start checking out the games that are on offer, it won’t be long before you’re playing with the best of them. Like any casino game, it’s just a matter of making the deposit of your choice, and then playing until you earn that big win.
What Are The Best Bonuses For Poker
Online casinos are well-known for the range of awesome bonuses that they offer to both new and seasoned players, and there’s always a bonus out there that you can benefit from, especially if you’re a fan of poker. Welcome bonuses and match bonuses are some of the most popular and always worth keeping an eye on, but it’s also possible to come across a bonus that offers a few free rounds on your favourite game. This can be a great and simple way of enjoying your favourite poker without having to spend any money to buy in to play.
Tips For Poker
- If you’re going to be playing against other players on a live table, it’s worth taking the time to learn about the psychological aspects of the game. While cards are needed to win the game, there’s a large emphasis on knowing when other players are bluffing.
- One of the best ways to get better at the game is by participating in small online amateur events. These are also a good way of meeting other players that are at the same skill level as you.
- Poker can be both a slow and fast-paced game, so it’s always worth trying out the more popular variants of the game until you land on one that really matches how you play.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Playing Poker Online Safe?
There are no real reasons that playing poker online is unsafe provided that you sign up with a reputable casino and use a strong password.
Are There Poker Strategies?
Poker is one of those rare casino games where it’s actually possible to employ strategies and have them give you an edge over other players.
Can Poker Make You Rich?
Like with any casino game, it’s quite rare to get rich in a very short amount of time. But with the right dedication and lots of practice, poker does create an environment with a player can make a lot of money.